Being Pretty is soooo out of style

Okay, so this is just a late night rant....I should be in bed, because I have to work tomorrow...but "heck" I'll just grab a coffee and sleep on the train...(yes, I am that girl- coffee, book, nodding off...possibly slobbering on my neighbor's shoulder). And although I am on a blog sabbatical, I have an observation that I must make:

Now don't get me wrong, it will never be out of style to be a naturally pretty person...I mean how could it be...that would be discrimination or just plain impossible. But I will say that after my two years out of school, in NY, I have realized that being simply..."the pretty girl," just doesn't cut it. There is something that is so freakin' awesome about the: smart, athletic, artsy, strong Christian, funny, learned, skilled, quirky, noisy, foodie, or cultured (of course there are more categories...just can't think right now) person. I mean as long as the person is down to earth, there is something about simply creating and being comfortable in your own space...not having to post the prettiest pictures, or show the world what party you went to, or how FABULOUS you and your friend are....I mean TRYING too hard and settling for just being the pretty person is simply out of style. There needs to be depth. This is not to say that facebook pictures should not be fabulous, because they should be...but I must say there is something about the people that post pictures where you can truly see who they are in the photo...you can tell that they are in love with the people in which they are with, you can feel the good time jump off the picture, you can see that they are yelling, "TAKE ME WORLD....BECAUSE I AM, WHO I AM...", "I love who I love"..."this is me"...whether they are in their favorite black dress or their pjs... in a picture with a Dallas Cowboy or their grandma... I don't know it's just a rant...but I am getting a bit tired of the same old thing....just smelly pretty people that want the world to see that they are pretty... "WELL WE SEE...NOW SHOW US MORE!!!"

P.S. This is not to say I have not fallen victim to this awful cycle...hahah I definitely scan every picture I am in...but more so for my gut than a booge

Popular Posts