Hiatus...

I'm going on a hiatus. Right now, I am recovering from a pretty intense cold and a slight bit of exhaustion. I am in a good place, but a different place.

I'm growing spiritually and as a woman - I am starting to sink into this role. That said, the novelty of being a working mother has quickly faded and it's real now. I think it's so important to write - because it's me. So, I know that I cannot have this hiatus for too long, then I would be giving up such a huge part of myself. That said, I need a break.

This weekend, I was talking with my cousin and we both decided that something has to give when dealing with being a mother, wife, and a professional. Maybe it's the house is a bit more messy, maybe it's your nails aren't perfectly manicured...maybe... I'm not sure. I know that my blog is not going to be the sacrifice. It's my outlet, but I am not quite sure what sacrifices that I need to make in order to be a little bit less bogged down.

Now y'all know, I consider myself a Midwest girl to the core. And here lately, I have been thinking that that's where the issue lies - we may need to move back to a slower pace... where family and friends are there to guide and love on our little family of three.  Where nature and seasons are celebrated...or at least a place, where we can easily afford a three bedroom - so that family can stay long periods on time...or maybe I can create that here. Maybe move deeper into Jersey.

Not sure. Not sure at all.

This leads me to my hiatus...when in doubt...I must pray and meditate. I have not written, been on social media, and even checked my emails in soooo long.... and I need it to stay that way for a while. I need to go into my cave and think, imagine, and ask questions.

That said, there is no season like the holiday season to be grateful and reflective. So cheers. I will be back soon.

Many blessings and love.
SSS

Popular Posts