Marriage...

August 9, 2007

Please read this without judgment of my writing ability...this is just a bunch of nothingness...coming from a newlywed! Only reason it is posted is for my entertainment and landmarking...there will be better articles to come....


So today is the first day that Mike had to work late....

So being the supportive wife, I strive to be, I went on our morning run, made him a healthy snack, we ate Special K (with Strawberries) together, we kissed (wink), and he went to work

Since then: I have slept, contemplated doing homework, took over six pics of myself on my camera phone and sent them to Mike, talked on the phone, looked at wedding pictures on facebook, washed dishes, messed with my hair, downloaded music, read magazines, drank two cups of my special coffee which explains my dancing to Amy Winehouse in the mirror, and made myself a simple but beautiful dinner (it looked like it should be the cover page of "Gourmet cooking") on our new white clay dinnerware, listened to Billy Holiday and ate all alone...

Now I know that this seems like "whatever," but to me it is a monumental point in my relationship...it is yucky part of REALITY. It is the part in the marriage, I didn't want to get here.

The truth is, ever since the best day of my life (July 28th) everything has been a fantasy...it's like Mike and I have not fought, we've laughed and spent every second together....we have had so many firsts in the last week and every second has been amazing but today is our first real moment... we are not trapped on the enchanting island of Jamaice, eating, playing, swimming, drinking together...he had to go to work, and I am at home by myself..

On our second to last day of the honeymoon, I looked at Mike and said," can't we just go back to Cincinnati?" Because I knew a day like this would be coming, I have not started school and he has to go to work. So I wanted to g to Cincinnati, because in Cincinnati, I always have someone to constantly be around or something to do...from laying out with my mother to having the best bachelorette party ever! In New York, I have such awesome friends, but I live in an apartment with Mike and... it's just different...so knowing that he would have to go to work and I would be sitting at home by myself...I have to admit...I got some what depressed and home sick....

So the point of this is that the day has come, (yes, yesterday he had to work-but only until 5:00) where my husband had to work late...and the truth is...I am okay...in fact I am better than okay...I had a great "loungey nothingness "me" day"...and it felt good...lol

I LOVE MARRIAGE...

Popular Posts