One Week left...

Wednesday, July 25, 2007

A week left...

Ok so, remember that wonderful, I love being a teacher post...well...my summer has drastically changed. Now, don't get me wrong, I still love being a teacher and I love being home but that ONE office day, has turned into many office days. Along with finishing up last ends for the wedding, I also have massive grad work to do. In all honesty, I am looking at the computer as though it is my best friend, because we are together so often. Even my coffee habits have changed, my one "up and running" cup cannot stand alone. I now need two additional cups (a "no nap for you" cup and a"just calm down" cup)...with drinking all three cups, I now have a slight jitter and a mood imbalance.

Even before writing this blog, I had to take a three mile "stress relieving" jog, where I blasted Young Dro. Yes, I said it "Young Dro"...whatever... it helped.As I ran, I thought about whether it was the work that was stressing me out...and I realized that it was not alone.

I am so excited to be getting married to the man of my dreams, to be at home , and be sharing this week and moment with some of the people that mean the most to me. But at the same time, I also feel extremely nervous...I am nervous because I am not nervous. Me, being an analytical person (at times too analytical), I am scared because I do not see where anything bad can happen. Unlike every other move in my life, I cannot weigh the good vs. the bad, because I do not see where the bad comes in. But at the same time, every couple that I talk to, tells me "how much you have to work on marriage." And it only makes sense, it is a union of two people from completely different backgrounds, there are bound to be disagreements, but yet whenever I think of Mike...I don't see that.

I see us young and in love-weekend get aways, good food, getting to know one another, growing together, GMAT, grad school, relaxation, financially saving up-but splurging every now and then, New York-where the wind blows.

Beautiful children, that are in love with their daddy -running up to him when he gets home from a long day at work, family dinners, the Midwest, vacations, laughing, homework checks, crying but making up, tight spaces, running around constantly, date nights, getting to know one another as parents and lots of love. Me being the disciplinarian parent- other than when it deals with our girls and their boyfriends. *Yes, Mike they will have boyfriends!!!

Two 75 year olds, candlelight dinners, out-of-country romantic getaways, dinner parties, laughing, teasing one another, knowing eachothers' next move, grandchildren, dancing, and being commpletely in love...more in love, more fun and more educated than we are today.

So I guess if I have to stress for a few days, drink three cups of coffee, fall in love with the computer, have the jitters or have to go through some growing pains during marriage... I will be okay.

Popular Posts