A wonderful story

A wonderful story

When I was younger, I used to love going over my grandparent's house and looking through all of their photos. There were photos of my grandparents from the ages 18 and older. Every element of their lives documented and stored. I was able to see pictures of my mother as a toddler, teenager, and pregnant with me (and Kenny and Renny). There were pictures of my grandmother happy, mad and everything in between. There was a beautiful brown oak shelf that sat in the living room, with rows of thick classy brown photo books, filled with pictures of my grandfather, who was happy in every photo- arms wide spread with a huge grin to match. It felt as though through the pictures, we could see their love story transpire. We would all look at the photos (especially me and Ashley) and ask about each one: “and who is that? Is she dead?” To every picture, my grandmother had a story. Well, she definitely passed the "picture taking gene" to my mother and now, I follow in their footsteps. I want to document every moment, big or small, so that it will stay with me FOREVER. So when I am 92, I (or my children) can tell my great grandchildren a wonderful story…

Popular Posts