Inspirational Fashionable Followers Profile

SO, I was talking to one of my friends about "fashion inspiration" and I was telling her how inspired I am by a lot of my friends, family, fellow bloggers, and by the fashion advice that I get from blog comments. At that moment an idea HIT me like a brick: Instead of constantly talking about my fashion advice - why don't I feature my followers!

Out of the 129 people that follow this blog - everyone is: educated, professional, a studier of fashion, designer, artist, psychologist, writer, blogger, designer, creative, cerebral, fashionable, or simply uniquely themselves. It's a shame that we so rarely get to interact and I get to hog all the inspiration. All this to say, I have now started the weekly or biweekly...FASHIONABLE FOLLOWERS PROFILE. Please trust if you are one of the 129 people that openly follow this blog and I dig your style - I will be asking you questions. You don't have to answer...you can opt out, but it's your time to inspire others :) Please believe that although there are 129 people that follow this blog - there are close to 1,000 different views weekly!

P.S. Those lookin', please follow - click the button on your right. It literally takes 2 seconds.

First Featured Fashionista - A. Yancey.

Name: Ashley Yancey
Profession: Insurance Connoisseur
Organization/Company/School: Graduate of Miami University and now am employed at Insurance Warehouse of Dayton

1. What are you wearing now?
Black maxi-dress from Victoria’s Secret (where I used to work) under a light-washed Rocawear denim jacket (hand-me-down from Shelby Stone-Steel), black t-straped thong sandals and a black purse w/ silver hardware. Some silver rings, a silver watch and pearl earrings top the look off.

I purchased the dress in this turquoise color as well!

2. What’s your favorite fashion combination? Skinny jeans, especially colored ones are a must have for me. Paired with a pair of ballet flats or sandals and a fitted tank/screen printed tee is a great every day look. Over this you can rock some sort of loose-fitting cardigan or a Michael Jackson-inspired jacket (high collar) and 9/10 I’ll add my own personal touch by having pearls around my neck. Did I mention I love pearls? lol

3. How would you describe your current fashion sense?
My current fashion sense is adding a flashy accessory or color to wardrobe staples, i.e. wearing my hair in a big, messy, curly blob on my head, wearing a bold shade of orange polish on my toes and fingers or having a bright red jacket paired over a basic tee and skinny jean.


4. What/Who inspires your style?
Current fashion inspirations include Rihanna (I love the edgy look from time-to-time), Victoria Beckham (I love the fitted outfits) and Shelby Stone-Steel (she’s amazing at altering current trends to suit her own personal style).

5. What item (make-up, clothing, etc.) would you die without?
I would die without my skinny jeans and bronzer.

6. Does your professional style and casual fashion style differ? How?
They do, but not greatly. The biggest difference would be the tops that I chose to wear. If I’m going into a business setting I will take care to pick looser fitting tops that aren’t cut as low. My bottom style stays the same. I usually will still opt for a skinnier jean and might wear shoes with a heel on them.

A more professional look than my average-that silk tunic I found in South Africa!

7. What is your favorite thing to do outside of work?
My favorite thing to do outside of work is shooting the breeze with those closest to me lol. Seriously. I also enjoy watching my favorite reality tv shows, reading and crocheting.

8. What is your life motto? Favorite quote?
“Don’t let the pebbles in the path of life become the boulders that stop your dreams.” -Aunt Renee

“A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous!”
–Coco Chanel

9. How would you describe your personality?
I have a very large, colorful personality. I enjoy walking into a room, start a few convo’s and watch the laughs start rolling…lol ☺ So overall I’m pretty extroverted but at times, I also find myself sitting back and watching the action take place. What else can I say other than I’m a left-handed Gemini and I definitely act like it ;)

10. If you could be anywhere with anyone wearing anything – what would they be?
I would be on South Beach (I’ve never been and desperately want to go) with those closest to me (my family and closest friends) and we’d be swimming/lounging, drinking cocktails, flirting up a storm and getting our tanning/browning on.

For more of her ridiculousness, follow her on Twitter @AMYancey. You are up for laugh, relationship dilemmas, and plenty of randomness.

Popular Posts