Inspirational Fashionable Follower

Name: Sasha Ellis
Profession: Executive Team Leader
Organization/Company/School: Graduate of the GREATEST HBCU to ever be founded….Bethune-Cookman University, I currently am employed by Target Corporations-Store Operations

“I am the only thing that can stop me from being the BEST me that I can be"

1. What are you wearing now?
Working it out!-As I fill this out I am wearing My Alumni hat, scarf underneath, a regular white tee “Dance unto the Lord” and Grey Yoga pants, accessorized by my Asics running shoes and my Iphone playing Chrisette Michele “is this the way love feels” in my phones…Pretty simple, laid back and relaxed on a nice Saturday…wellness is key, so I just finished hitting the gym!

2. What’s your favorite fashion combination?
My distressed jeans (that I self destroyed, ON PURPOSE of course) ;-) or my levis skinny jeans, my cowboy boots, white V-neck or grey “Japan” tee (hand me down from a friend, I had to have it! and yellow Lacoste ( another hand me down) or any cardigan, accessorized by chunky jewelry or my good and faithful 3 string pearls, my yellow good and faithful ring that I got from Walmart, that I cant live without, all my friends know my ring (We been through some thangs) lol!….


3. How would you describe your current fashion sense?
My current fashion sense is anything that makes me feel beautiful, whether it’s a cardigan and jeans, or a cute skirt with tights and a flirty blouse. I literally go with how I feel for the day. Some times I match and often times I don’t. Fashion to me is whatever I feel. It’s who I am from the inside out literally. I go with the occasion and I rebel all at the same time. A secret of mine is that I am a sneaker head!! I live for a fresh pair of kicks. Phasion is my Phassion…it is who I am inside…

4. What/Who inspires your style?
I can’t say that my inspiration comes from any one celebrity, but it comes from the people that I am around every day. Ms. Zonovia Roberts, Ms. Jovanna Frieson, Ms. Felicia Brunson (my mentor) just to name a few…I love the past designs of Couturiers like Charles Worth and Cristobal Balenciaga…Couture is missing something, its richness, we need to get back to that…My surroundings, maybe a few fashion magazines…but me, I am my own inspiration….I love the L.A. fashion…I Live for it! Big bags, nice shoes, simple style, chunky jewels!!! And a pair of converse hidden in the closet…gotta love em! I love taking the same pieces and re-inventing them…I live for mix and matching patterns…I live for detail, buttons, ruffles, lace, bows…bring on the detail!!! Can I add that I live for pretty and bright nail polish?!...ok I’m done...


5. What item (make-up, clothing, etc.) would you die without?
My Lacoste sweater, my little grey cardigan, some type of sneakers, my American Eagle and Distressed Seven Jeans….my Maybelline mineral powder, my bronzer, gold eye shadow, mascara….my yellow ring, and my pearls!!!!! And some big bag! Shoot I need my whole closet!

6. Does your professional style and casual fashion style differ? How?
I live my life in red and khaki (but count on me to spice it up), so when I get a moment to be real professional in my style…I get a little bold!What better accessory to a nice professional dress than tights…(Shelby’s secret) Bring on the Professional Funk!

7. What is your favorite thing to do outside of work?
My favorite thing to do outside of work is Read, Relax, and go out to eat by myself. I am also in school for Fashion Design and Merchandising…so that consumes my life pretty much. Going to church is Therapy for me…Gotta feed the body, but can’t neglect the soul….and just being with the people I love and that love me back. I also support my brother with his business withoutjesusisuck.com (GO CHECK US OUT)!

8.What is your life motto? Favorite quote?

“Practice doesn’t make perfect, it makes permanent”
-My fashion sketching 2 teacher….Matthew Mercer

For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end.-Jeremiah 29:11Prosper" in the Bible: Jeremiah 29:11 These words of comfort were originally spoken to the Israelites living in exile in Babylon. God assured them that despite their present difficulties, He had plans for them--plans for them to prosper and be restored. We don't share that historical context, but God's promise remains: He knows of our struggles and is working to help us prosper, even when we can't see it…sorry this would be complete until I dropped some encouragement…Its always Darkest before Dawn!
9.How would you describe your personality?I have a very different personality. It is often misunderstood. I am a competitor by nature, I am a problem solver, I am a futuristic thinker, I can win anyone over ;-), and I am just BIG and very loyal. I think many things at the same time and am always all over the place…I’m unorthodox! I can’t find any other way to describe it….To know me is to love me…Hopefully ;-)

10.If you could be anywhere with anyone wearing anything – what would they be? I would be in Tahiti with a cute bikini on, with the people I love…enjoying life….or I would be at the Ritz or W hotel, times square, new years eve…with my close friends, husband (when I get one ;-)), and few family members…toasting to another year of life…while seeing my company on a billboard….in awe of all the things that God has done in me and through me…or behind the scenes of a fashion show, Mercedes Benz Fashion week or something like that watching my line go down the runway…yeah that would be a moment I could never forget!

Love,
S. ELLIS
Adonai Couture!





Popular Posts