How many assumptions can we make?

As I mentioned in the previous article - I have been "studying" the affects of food and stress on once lifestyle and life expectancy and one part of my this research has been getting outside and looking around me - this study includes looking at people's grocery baskets (I know I'm a complete weirdo), but there have been so many "of course" moments and "ahhh-ha" moments that I literally can't stop doing it.

One moment for instance:

An older woman around 55-75 years old, I have this big of a gap, because I couldn't tell if she looked her age or if she looked older than her age. Anyways, she was about 5'3 225 lbs., she was limping/waddling from side to side with a cane. Slowly walking through the store must have winded her, because she was breathing pretty hard and had a slight bead of sweat. Anyways, in her cart she had plastic wrapped pork liver, beef liver, crackers (not sodium-free), cheese wiz, a few tall Arizona teas, and a few other things of processed foods.

Forget the fat intake- everything in me wanted to know if she understood how much sodium and sugar she was taking in through that one snack. The same sodium that causes heart issues and the same sugar that causes diabetes (both have other alarming effects on the body).

But here recently, I've had another interesting observation (that will not shock many people) but gives you an opportunity to draw assumptions or hypothesis:


I have noticed that whenever I see food liter (regardless of the neighborhood demographic) - it's high sugar/high salt foods, whether Arzonia tea bottles, chip bags, Popeye's bags, McDonald's containers, beer cans (Malt liquor), etc. 
captain-planet-characters
Some may call this coincidence, I don't think so. There are so many conclusions that can be drawn, but I find it very interesting.

Popular Posts