I can be annnyyything in the whole world...


But won't put the time, money, or effort into most of them. So, I must say "goodbye" to some of my dreams:

I'm reading a book, where she discusses the importance of differentiating between what you want to do and what you want to want to do. Who you are and who you want to be...

All in all, she says that in order to get the most out of life - one needs to realize what they truly enjoy and want to commit time and effort to...

With that said, it's also important to be realistic about who you aren't and what you probably won't do - even if it's things that you want to do. It's not that you can't do these things - it's just that you don't have the passion to do it and would rather use your very limited time focusing on building an authentic you.

So here are my realizations:

  •  I will never be a lawyer. Kinda sucks. 
  • I most likely won't be a part of the NYPD. 
  • I will not be someone that loves going to the museum for longer than an hour - to look at an exhibit. 
  • I don't like reading really thick Classical literature. So no to the girls that I want to be - with the huge hardback in their lap - digging into a juicy Classic book - with titles and words that need a dictionary. 
  • I won't be an editor. I don't like pouring over my own work with a fine tooth nail - let alone someone else's work. 
  • I won't be in the peace corps. 
  • I won't be single living in a Trump Towers penthouse apartment.
  • I won't be clubbing every night - out on the town in my fabulous dress and mile high heels. 
So many more realizations... does any one else have some of these self-discoveries? Or am I alone? 

I guess in the road to finding out who you are - it's just as hard to figure out who you aren't...

Popular Posts