Is it really that offensive to say Merry Christmas?

Over 90% of Americans' celebrate Christmas (number close to 93-95%) - which is why it makes sense that most public places play Christmas music, have HUGE Christmas trees, people wearing Santa hats, and have Christmas lights everywhere.  

When I went to London last year - "Merry Christmas" was every where - people said it and there were light shows and public buildings that spelled it out - "Merry Christmas."

Yet, here in America - where we will be bombarded with Christmas commercial after Christmas commercial, Christmas advertisements, and "have you done your shopping yet?" questions...we still can't say "Merry Christmas!?!?" I'm so confused?

I'm so confused as to why "Merry Christmas" is such a...throwback...such a bizarre "I'm a crusader" Conservative thing....

BUT yet no one complains about the commercials, the billboards, the ads, the lights, the trees, the Santa hats, the...

Well, that does it - this Christmas I am saying "Merry Christmas" (I think I proclaimed this last year, too and possibly the following year...)

Let the person that doesn't celebrate Christmas or want the good cheer - let me know. I have no shame in being corrected, " I don't celebrate Christmas." "Oh okay - well have a fantastic week."


That's that.

I don't know why this is such a hot button for me. But it is - maybe I am a Conservative Prick. Maybe I am a ridiculous crusader...

 
I'll take it!
 
MERRY CHRISTMAS TO YOU!

Popular Posts