NO MORE EDITS!

So, the other day I was approached about writing for a magazine website, now as awesome as this opportunity sounded... I cannot do it. Right now, my blog is my one and only baby. Now, don't get me wrong, I definitely look forward to freelance writing again. I mean, I loved the money (when I was paid), the writing and the feel of seeing your writing on a publications web page but after writing for three magazine websites, two magazines, three newspapers, and a few other "popular" websites - I need a little break.
"It's not the writing that I need a break from, but it is the editing!"

In my current job, I work on communications (and I love it) and in my church's event planning team, I am working on a communications team (and I love that too), so at the end of my most of my writing pieces there is this MAJOR edit process, which is part of the job and makes you better.

However, this editing process also occurred in all of my freelance jobs... and to be completely honest, I appreciate and enjoy the feedback...

BUT right now, I am going through my "terrible 25s" where I do NOT want to be edited in my free writing... at work and church, I get it...but outside of that I must write in MY voice and no one else's....I don't want to write for someone else's audience and have my writing chopped up to fit in this perfect little box!

"I want to write about: what I want to write about, how I want to write about it, typos, grammar mistakes included! "


Popular Posts