12 For 11

Y'all know how computer pictures go - everything is backwards BUT you get the point. 
This year, I decided I was not doing resolutions! I was tired of the same ole thing, but also wanted to stay with the tradition of writing something down. So, I began researching fun New Year's not-resolution ideas. Needless to say, I ran into this awesome idea from the Vogue editors - it's a "10 things that I am looking forward to in 2011 list!" So last night I jotted down the ten things, like the editor, that I am looking forward to. For design and memorization purposes, I decided to keep my ten items each one word (and description).

However this year as Mike and I planned our next BIG art project - we are creating an arts project out of our New Year's Lists this year. I will show you guys how it comes out! Anyways, as I was reading through my list and doing my daily devotional an IDEA HIT ME!

I am going to create a 12 FOR 11 list (so I have to add two more items) and each month that word will be my theme. Every day, I will research the word, whether in the bible, read a book that deals with the subject, watch a movie, scour the dictionary, etc. and I will also attach an action to the word. For instance, I have decided this month is JOY (growth will be next month). This month, I will focus on finding out the meaning of joy (definition), finding out the meaning for me, and doing things that bring me joy!

That way, I have a quantitative and qualitative way to measure my year's success. Did I find the meaning of  my 12 for [20]11? Did I truly live them out? Well, I will keep y'all informed on this list - please, keep me informed on your 2011 list! I love to know what people do... if you write out resolutions? Do you stick to them? What does it look like for others.

Popular Posts