I'M OFFICIALLY 27 YEARS OLD.





I'm in my late 20s. Thank you so much for all my birthday e-mails, calls, and texts. I am always so overwhelmed with the people in my life on my birthday. I think 27 years old is going to be my favorite age! So far my favorite age (that I can remember) has been 23 and with a close second is 24! But I can feel it - 27 is going to be an age of immense development and fun! I am so excited.

My hair stylist said that it wasn't until 30 that she stopped seeking approval from others. She said it was such a freeing feeling. As I was going to answer that I don't seek approval from others, the cat got my tongue and my mind wondered.  And I realized that I am an approval seeker - this quality makes me defensive of criticism and also pushes me exhibit perfectionism thoughts and actions.

Well, my goal is to stop seeking approval this year -- I am tired of caring about what other people think about me, whether they think that I am "good enough," or whether my life "equals" up to their expectations. This is the year and the age that I let go of seeking approval and just indulge in being me.

Popular Posts