Uniform.

Theme example from style.com - stars are in this season...
I have several friends that pick out their outfits the night before. I've always wanted to be "that" girl, but it takes an intense discipline [to yank myself off the couch at night...]

In my mind, I've always thought, "I don't need to pick out my outfits at night - I have a uniform."

Yes, a uniform. If you read this blog or have talked to me about fashion in the last 15 years - I've probably mentioned my beloved "uniform."

No, I don't wear the same outfit everyday - but I do theme my season and stick with it.

Yes, you heard me...I "theme" my season - I ask myself "what am I going for this season?"

Then, I rid myself of all the clothes that I don't wear. If financially possible and/or if it's necessary for the theme, I  shop for a few key pieces.

For instance, there was one fall where my theme was black is beautiful. I wanted to wear BLACK everything - and to keep myself from getting bored - I went for fun colorful accessories. So, I went around Soho (NYC) and Hyde Park (Cincinnati) - looking for sales at Gap, J.Crew, Banana Republic, etc. My goal: find well-made (expensive) black staples for a bargain. Once I found my pieces - I went in search of [inexpensive to] moderately-priced colorful scarves, flats, heels, and jewelry (primarily rings and bracelets).

Well, this season, I have an issue: my hair. Most seasons I don't figure my hair into the style equation - why? Because my hair can be styled accordingly. This season? My hair is...what it is.

Now to think of a style from head to toe - way more difficult for some reason. BACK TO THE DANG'ON DRAWING BOARD. Looks like someone will be picking out her clothes tonight.

Popular Posts