Third Trimester

The doula and midwife says that now is the time to slow down...my third trimester of pregnancy. Start taking life easy.

My job is in it's third trimester as well and it is ramping up - full force.

Conflicting - absolutely.

I literally feel so busy at times, I feel like my head may fall off.

I cannot complain through - life is absolutely fantatistic. I feel great for the most part. Pregnancy is treating me well - my husband is phenominal (decorating the room, reading to the baby, catering to my every need) and my boy is an active fetus for sure. He is constantly moving, kicking, elbowing, etc.

All is well, but I'm extremely busy and I have some doubts about things. Part of me really misses my old life - the days of having hours to read in bed/couch with a cuppa tea, sit in cafes, do arts and crafts, dive into a home decor project, bake, and design beautiful delicacies. And it's not like I can say it's a season "oh, this summer I will go back to the days of chill,"  because as I continue to hear "it gets real after the baby." But in the busyness I feel so blessed, because there are so many lessons in all of this. There is major preparation happening.

The lessons that I'm learning and trying to stick to daily are:


  • The importance of prioritizing - what's most important? What must get finished? Do that first.
  • Do what I can do. Pray for productivity. Stay focus. Do it. The other things have to just simply fall off of my plate until I can get them done.
  • Listen to my body and my spirit - this one is the hardest for me. It's super hard to listen to me first and not listen to the demands of others - but it's an important lesson. At the end of the day, I must take care of me and my child - it's no one else's responsibility. God gives me signs and talks to my spirit and body and let's me know when enough is enough - I must pay attention to that and respond accordingly. Point blank. It is a skill and it is something that must be learned, but it is mandatory.
  • Stay Focused - when my time is literally being sucked up...it's so important to stay focused. No side convos (esp. negative ones), random internet searches, going off task, paying attention to what's next, etc. - it's about  focusing on what needs to be done at that moment. Grindig it out and getting it done.
  • Timing myself - timer on - I must sit here and do this task for 30 min.  Never noticed how much I get up/run around --- timing myself has been a lifesaver. Gives me reason to sit in one spot and work...vs. doing 1,003 things at a time.
  • If emotions aren't needed - emotions aren't needed. Most tasks outside of the home don't deserve emotions attached. Emotions cause me to lose energy - instead of the thinking about how much I don't want to do something and getting upset about it - I just get it done - if it needs to be done. No need to feel anything - it has to happen anyways.
  • Take care of home first. You already know what that means. My marriage, son, faith, and homebase are my priorities - when they are right - I feel good.
  • TAKE care of ME first, too :) Man, when I am at my best - I give my best. That's that. When I am stretched and stressed - I am a hot mess. I need to carve out daily time to get myself right.
  • We are all out here trynna make it - no need to judge, condemn, or gossip about anyone or situation - it's energy that doesn't need to be spent, judgement that doesn't need to be hashed out, and purposeless. Absolutely purposeless (and many times just toxic) - I'm so sensitive about my emotions now days - because they are so connected to my son.
  • What goes in counts - what I allow (emotion-wise) into my body (music, stress, negativity, etc.) affects my son's life as much, if not more than, the food I eat.
  • LADIES ROCK - so many women have stepped up during this time!!! Women - the sisterhood is sooooo real!
  • My man is amazing - I've always adored Mike (12 years I've been in love with that man), but boy watching him in the role of "father" has been an experience that makes me love him more than ever...I didn't think it was possible. It is. I can't wait to see him with our son...
There are other lessons, but I am out of time and space... more later. PLEASE understand these are the lessons that I am learning - I have not quite figured it all out...but thought I'd share.

Peace be with you,
SSS




Popular Posts