We DID it!

Mike and I sought out to have a ridiculously chill/productive weekend at home.

It felt like months since we actually stayed home...actually when I think about it...it was months.

I needed quiet and peace. He wanted to work on Ace's room.

On Saturday, neither one of us really hit our goals. Although I had an amazing time, at Latin Heat exercise class (with a girlfriend) and Starbucks - after Mike and I ran all of our errands - it was spent. It was evening - we ordered in - watched the Floyd fight (I slept) and...that was that.

BUT on SUNDAY! God is good. After church and a date with a girlfriend...Mike and I returned home to meet our goals! And boy, did we succeed. His accomplishment way more impressive than mine. I literally layed around and read a book - from start to finish (363 pages)!!! Woooo-hooo - hadn't done that in long time. It felt incredible.

Meanwhile, Mike was able to put together our baby room - literally plan the theme, paint the room, decorate, and everything. I am soooooo proud and impressed by him :) Whatta guy! I actually owe him an apology - I wanted to go with this awesome designer - Mike pushed back and wanted to do it himself. We met with the woman - amazing ideas - but MikE just really wanted this project. As his partner, I saw the importance of this to him, so I reluctantly handed him the reigns - HE KNOCKED IT OUT OF THE BALLPARK. He was right. I've already told him how amazing he is, but guess this is my public declaration.

Last night, we both went to bed INCREDIBLY late - feeling super accomplished, productive, and full of joy...

This morning is a different story...LORD, I NEED MY CUPPA'JO!!!

Be blessed y'all!
SSS


 

Popular Posts