Quiet time.


"Better a dry crust with peace and quiet than a house full of feasting with strife."
- Proverbs 17:1 

I am sitting under the hair drier reading the book and I immediately become anxious: "I should be doing something!" I should be writing a blog, baking a pie, reading the Bible, reflecting on life, thinking through a devotional, job hunting, picking up catering/baking orders for the holidays, creating, going grocery shopping, taking my clothes to the laundry, scrubbing the pot again, writing an article...doing anything else...besides relaxing. I haven't had a day "off" in more than 12 days, but yet sitting here in complete peace and quiet feels wrong. There is no television and no interactive conversation - just me, a book, and a cup of tea - and something feels wrong about it.

As my anxiety increases, I pull out my journal and jot down my thoughts and then without a though flip open the Word and read the text on the page. The first line I read is the line above:
"Better a dry crust with peace and quiet than a house full of feasting with strife." 

He's given me my answer. Thought maybe this could help someone else that finds themselves slowly but surely letting the fast pace of this world completely dominate peace and quiet moments in his/her life.

Popular Posts