"I don't know much about fighting, but I know that I'll fight for you."

On the last day of my trip, I called my mother and told her that I would not be returning to America:
I'm going to stay in London. I'm just calling to say "so-long." I've fallen in love with everything London - the fashion, food, people, landscapes, weather, parks, "Christmas" signs up everywhere... I love everything about it. I'm going to quit my job. Give up my home. Give up my belongings. I'll see my loved ones on return trips. I'm not getting on the plane...
My mother's response:
Shelby, I know you would...but you know what...I know you are getting on that plane  ...because Mike is getting on that plane...

Babe - buy a ticket for me - here I come...
She's right - very little compares to my love of Mr. Steel. I would follow that man to the moon.

Popular Posts