FOURTEEN YEARS...


“I worked for fourteen years.”
What: A quote from my mother.

Why: Describing her time at a fortune-500 company that she worked at directly after college. She didn’t have a good time at the company (at first). There was racism, hard and long hours, sexism, and a nasty boss.
My pre-adult thoughts: Originally, I used to think “big deal” – people work jobs for thirty years. I told her that once – “mom, you act like fourteen years is so long – most people work longer.” Her response – “you’ll see”

2012 thoughts: FOURTEEN YEARS at a job that you are unhappy in is a LONG TIME! I have done as little as six months at a job that I was miserable in. I hope that I can stay at a job for fourteen years that I like...I'm such a stinkin' free spirit... oh wells....guess we'll see.

   

Popular Posts