My one thing...


Happiness.  Some times all it takes is a picture to remind me what it looks like. Read entire post by clicking title.



I'm not sure if I'm alone in this - but I have a thing for images. For some people it's a song, a food, a smell, a quote - for me - it's image.

Sidenote: I'm super happy that I tend to be image driven, because whenever I notice details about someone's appearance - super pretty nail polish, a fresh haircut (I've been judged, because I have been able to tell a man when he's gone to a different barber), or just a new "experimental" dress pattern - I don't feel superficial, because I know it's my "language."

I don't know if my sidenote makes sense - I think it's one of those things that should have stayed in my head. But that's neither here nor there.

I write, because although I am EXTREMELY visual. There are very few spot-on things that can literally change my mood - the way that this picture changes my mood.

It sits on my desk, below my collage of picture, right behind a little green candle, and a ribboned jar of goodies...

In the midst of craziness - In the midst of complete mental chaos - In the midst of my most triumphet/victorious moment - I can look at it and my insides get warm and fuzzy.

Not sure if anyone else has something like this, but boy, just by looking at this picture. I remember good times. I remember love. I remember how easy it is for it all to be taken away. But I think bigger than everything - I remember how precious moments...are just that...moments. In this picture - we were so happy. There was no thoughts of cancer. No thoughts of death. No thoughts of sickness. Of a day where all that I would have is a picture and memories...

So, happy that from what it seems - I cherished that moment. We both did....

Popular Posts