Tired of Complaining.


Since moving to New Jersey, I've felt like I've lost my "hippie" like tendencies. I think it's the lack of walking outside, the time spent at my 7-6 pm, my new responsibilities, and other exciting discoveries in my life...more later :)

All this to say, I've been complaining for the last three months about missing New York (BK esp), missing my passion, my flexibility, my life, my dreams, my freedom, my "old" self...I feel (at times) like a "REAL" adult = work, sleep, take care of home, do it again...

All this to say!!!!

WELL, ENOUGH IS ENOUGH. No more complaining. No more blaming. No more being hard on myself. No more. No more. No more. I claim the victory over self-defeat :) and self-created boredom.

I'm going allllllll the way backkk.
I am returning to my roots. Doing the things that I used to that make me feel good and discovering new and exciting things that help me connect to myself.

I don't know why I had to make an announcement about it, but it feels good.

P.S. Random fact this blog post was written over the last  five days- I'm tired of looking at it so I am publishing it. But i am totally in a different place (of course). I am feeling rejuvinated and ready - my meditation, prayer, and exercise (yoga, swimming, and walking) life have been really strong - which always creates a more self-aware and less ridiculous pessimistic Shelby:)

One person that has helped me REALLY push my daily meditation and prayer practice is Tracie Braylock - I will talk more in detail about her and her projects (when she gives me the okay) - but she has given me two awesome resources - guided meditation podcasts and Christian devotional podcasts - both have pushed my practice to another level. I love my GIRLS.

PEACE.


Popular Posts