Took the train



Woke up on Sunday. Told Mike to drive to church without me. He had to go super early. I wanted to take the train. He thought it was a weird request - he always prefer to give me the car and he take public transportation. I told him, I needed it - I needed my train time. He thought I was absolutely delirious and that I would come to church absolutely frustrated with the THREE different modes of transportation. He was wrong. I was so reinvigorated. I needed the time to get ready - no David or Mike. So completely take over the apartment with this and that - traveling to each room as I slowly dressed, applied make up, made a snack, breakfast, and did my hair. I needed time to walk outside - sit on the bus and listen to music. I needed time to be inspired by the fashionable people on the train - aspiring models, magazine editors, natural fashionistas. I needed the fast pace and the hustle. I needed to be reminded of myself - I needed my citysoulmate. I needed inspiration. I needed time to look at something besides the roadways, other cars, and traffic. I needed my train time.

On the train for me - is like stepping into The Sartorialist website and seeing the fashion in person. I just live for street fashion and people.

With that said, I made sure that I stood very far away from the tracks - folks been actin' CRAY.

Also, made sure that I traveled on a leisurely Sunday mornin' - nothing frustrates me more than a crowded train filled with rude, smelly, super close people.

Popular Posts