Obedience

I'm not sure why I am blogging again.
me and my boys - photo by mr steel 
Okay, so here is the deal:

A year ago, a woman comes up to me and Mike at church:
She says "one of you is a writer."
We are like, "nope, not us. Wrong couple."
She's like, "God led me to you guys."
So Mike points to me.  I'm like "for real."
She's like, "yes, He wants me to tell you that you need to write again..." and this was within  a week of coming off of maternity leave and taking Noah to church the first time and all I could think about was germs, sleep, and why my pants kept rolling down under my jiggly belly and so that's where this story ends.

Then, I get into this weird conversation where someone (that never read the blog) was telling me how I should just open up my blog even without entries. "It could be cool, ya know?" So I did.

Then, this world lost this incredibly smart, funny, and dedicated father (of two beautiful girls - the same ages as my sons) and a loving husband. He is my age. His wife is one of the most phenomenal human beings - salt of the world. And it rocked me. I started praying that I could use this time in a meaningful way - so I can fulfill my calling.

Someone fairly unfamiliar with my writing contacts me out of the blue and tells me that God put something in their spirit. "Really? What?"

"First thing is that you need to rest and trust in God on how you raise your sons. Don't look at anyone else. And to write it down. Write down your experience and share it."

WHAT?!?!  Y'all when I say that the Sunday before all of this I had this crazy "crying storm" in church because I literally heard God speaking to me... it's like He said, "yes, it's unconventional (some of my parenting ideas/situations), but I planted these dreams/ideas in you! I have you walking a different path and I got you. You are equipped. We got this."

That said, in this stage of life I am incredibly private and just find it easier to push through - keep moving.

So, I don't know why I'm blogging again. I don't know why I am called to do this. I don't want to be morbid. I don't want to be self-exalting. So, I'm gonna just be obedient.

Popular Posts