It's My Life

One of my pet peeves is when I am falling asleep and Mike starts rubbing my legs with his harsh long toenails. He always starts off by scooping me in his arms, which I love, and then he entangles his legs in mine, which is another love.

But then all of a sudden, I feel the smile coming across his face and I try to slowly and smoothly untangle our position (because I know if I do it urgently, he will think that I am playing with him); however very rarely does this work and he ends up scratching me with his toes, which leads me to elbow and yell at him as he laughs so loudly...and acts like he has no idea what I am talking about.

I am usually so upset and want to strangle him, but I know that me trying to strangle him, no matter how serious I am, only leads him to play more. So, when I found out that Mike was going on a business trip, my first thoughts were sadness - but then I got really excited about the night time: picturing myself, in the middle of the bed, covers and pillow surrounding me (no sharing) and most importantly NO TOES.

So as I kissed Mike good-bye in the morning (he looked so cute in his navy outfit - I'm still thinking about it), I snuggled in bed and fell asleep for a couple of hours. That morning as I drank my morning coffee, I smiled at the thought of my full night sleep. I even rushed home after having dinner with some girlfriends, so that I could start the evening off early.

After a fabulous night of sleep, I call Mike as soon as I woke up (I missed hearing his voice):

S: Hi sweetie

M: Boo-boo - I can't sleep without you

Really? Me neither (I say with a smile), I was nervous at night without knowing you are home (which is true, I slept with mase and scissors by my bed)

I know, sweetie, I missed having you near me.

I stacked pillows up around me

While I was sleep - I kept throwing my leg out there and you weren't there (he says sincerely)

(ARE YOU KIDDING ME - HE MISSED TORTURING ME)
Yeah, well, let me get ready (ROMANCE IS OVER)

Okay, boo-boo, love you

Love you, too

Popular Posts