I haven't used a computer in over a week.

This may be the first time this has happened to me in years. I wanted to blog - go outside and do it. But each time, I reached for the computer (after work) I literally pulled back. I needed the time away. The one time I tried, there I needed the time to live without a computer, a television, or even talk over the phone. I needed time away. Time to go to work, think, reflect, listen to jazz and just sit there. No thoughts - just sit in the company of my lover over a glass of Moscato d'Asti and chocolate cake (on of my favorite off beat pairings).

SIDE NOTE: For my Shelby's Menu readers, I personally think that the Moscato brings out the fruity flavors of an intense expresso based dark chocolate cake. Chocolate cake can't be too sweet - has to be rich and slightly bitter for this pairing. Milk (in my case almond or soy) with an intense chocolate flavor is way too thick for me with chocolate. Makes everything feel clumpy in my mouth.
 https://mail.google.com/mail/?ui=2&ik=9e2e926e2c&view=att&th=13104abd57561dd4&attid=0.1&disp=inline&zw
Anyways, since writing a few things have happened:

  • I officially started my job. I love it. I love it. There is nothing that feels better than waking up in the morning biking to work and within an hour the smell of fresh pastries wafting throughout the air while jazz or 50s music plays in the background. The work is hard in a way that it is detailed, it's fast-pace,  very labor intensive, and it's a lot to know.  But it's incredible. I'm excited to see where the Lord leads me in this business. 
  • My bike, Blu, was stolen (I took it pretty hard to say the least lol) BUT God is so good - I was blessed with a new one, Junya (short for Blu Jr.) and an AMAZING husband. 
  • Mike started work. He looked so handsome this morning and quoted, "a man's dress should be as impeccable as his mind." So, I walked his implacably dressed butt to the train in my sweats (and sloppy mind) and a big cup of coffee and now I sit here...

Popular Posts