I love being in the park

With my book, writing notebook, a thermos of coffee (or slurpie), water, and Junya.
Hey finger in the lense - gotta love my big blurry fingah. Oh wells, I fit into my surroundins'

But it would be incomplete without the:

- Twenty-something that loves to sunbath TOPLESS in the public park while doing her toenails and ignoring the oogling eyes and giggles of old men.

- The other biker (mid-20s) that takes his shoes off as he enjoys his hardback book (I can completely appreciate that - I'mma sucker for hardbacks). Only weird thing is that he likes to nestle his feet in the dirt (this is not the weird fact ---- wait for it....wait for it) with socks on - white socks.  He smiles as he watches his feet turn white.

- The woman that dances/walks and randomly screams to her music. Her eyes are closed so she doesn't notice the older woman that she literally startled (she probably made the older woman pee a little).

- The 40+ painter that rides with paint down her arms, a really intense face as though she is speeding down the trail, but yet is going incredibly slow - like in her leisurely pace. Why so intense? 

- The little boy that thinks that he brings the ducks to him when he quacks and his family members that have convinced him that the duck family is his family.

- The guy that tries to teach his dog to skateboard.

- The woman that is walking her baby in a stroller - wait - no that is a cat in the stroller.

- And then the 27-year old (me) that is furiously staring at folks (thinking they can't see her eyes because she is wearing sunglasses) making notes in her little notebook - sketch-ball alert.

And now I sit in the library across from a constant slurper (sllllllllllllllluuuuuuurrrrrrppppp) (I hear the coffee go down every tube in his body) - he's also a major yawner (like mouth wide open). Behind me is a sigher - like long deep sighs and the guy next to me continous to rock back and forth and rub his knees (sir are you worried?) 

What's a girl to do?

This is weirdo heaven and I'm enjoying every moment of it.

Popular Posts