I want look like an unmade bed with ruffled sheets

FKIN (fkinonline.com)

Yes, I get it this coming from a girl that is described (affectionately - I hope) as "granola-y, earthy, hippie, eclectic" etc. - so some may dismiss this as a ridiculous comment coming from from deep inside my butt. And it is, but there is a story behind the comment.

Sharon Stone once said that Meryl Streep (paraphrased) works so much, because she looks like a woman we can all relate too - she looks like an "unmade bed." After she made the comments, so many people were enraged - Meryl is one of the most respected (and one of my personal favorite) actresses in Hollywood. How could Sharon say this? 

And I do think that it wasn't a nice thing to say, what woman wants to be called homely looking or just okay or ordinary? None of us. Absolutely none of us.

HOWEVER, after looking at all the older women these days with plastic faces, short dresses, knee-high boots with fishnet stockings, lips the size of my fists, and eyebrows that touch their hair lines...I can't help but say that I want to be a 60-year old woman that looks like an unmade bed. Yes, I know that I'm only 27 and I'm sure the pressure of being a 60 -year old woman constantly mistaken for a woman in her 30s is strong. 

But there honestly isn't anything more beautiful than a woman that looks her age, one that embraces  the elegance, wisdom, and all the glory that comes  after years of life. One that knows and loves her body and gets that she can be more sexy in her signature shirt than in a mini-skirt. When a woman clings to her 20s - I immediately see her as one that has not lived a full life. A woman that hasn't allowed herself to indulge in every part of life. 

So, I guess my point is - YES, I WANT TO COMPLIMENTED AS A BEAUTIFUL WOMAN at 60. I'm not about to feed you crap, but I also want to be a woman that has fully embraced my smile lines, my white hair (I'm already turning grey in the front - THANKS MOM), and my squint wrinkles. I want to be a woman that other women can relate, too. One in which younger women are drawn to for a good piece of advice, because I look like I've lived every part of my life to it's fullest. 

I want to look like a bed that's been used and left  unmade -  a bed where there have been children jumping in it, pillow fights, love making sessions, breakfast of coffee and croissants (with a side of grape preserves), a crying teenager snotting in the pillow, all night talks, movie nights, good sleep, etc. 

SO I DECLARE, I not only want to look like an unmade bed - I want to look like an unmade bed with ruffled sheets



Popular Posts