Reading in the Bath.

Kate Moss in the bath reading - I love this image.

When living with my parents - one of my favorite things to do was read in the bath.
I always felt so mature. 
I'd place my radio on the toilet. 
I'd never fill the tub up too much
 I would have to add hot water and bubbles throughout my private excursion  
Make sure my bath had lots of bubbles - I didn't want to see my body.
Put on just enough light to read - I wanted to get it as dim as possible! 
Fill one of my parent's wine glasses with 7-Up...diet 7-Up specifically
I couldn't wait until wine could go into the cup
I'd usually put a mask on my face - it was a green Avon mask 
Wrapping my hair was always the fun part - 
A shower cap and a towel in order to assure my hair was still in good shape.  
I'd then try to get into the bath WITHOUT getting my hands wet. 
I'd have a towel close by - because I never succeeded in my "no-hands-wet" mission.
 After tucked into the water and bubbles - I would read. 
I still have water prints on so many of my childhood books. 
Once out of the bath - I'd throw on my seasonal robe (my parents are robe-a-holics)
Climb in to bed and read some more - until I feel asleep
Or until Kenny, Renny, my mom, or dad interrupted my relaxation lol. 
Or it was one of our family television/movie nights
Or one of my friends called the HOUSE phone

Either way, I wonder what ever happened to reading in the bath.

Popular Posts