Sexy, Cute, Pretty, Beautiful, Attractive...

I'm finally getting my sexy back. 
Many young girls sought out to be pretty. I was always different - I wanted to be sexy. My parents were amazing - they protected me from a lot and (my mother in particular) tried to shield me from all things "too sexual/violent/crazy" and I appreciate my parents for that; however regardless of their protection my desire was to be sexy.
It's a natural desire - for I am the granddaughter of Norma Jean Yancey, one of the sexiest women alive. A woman that always knew the right look, perfume, and outfit for an occasion. She never shied way from wearing a skirt that cut up her leg or a bright red form fitting dress. To this day, one of her favorite dresses is a little sheer sheath dress that has a little tie bow on the shoulders - "this number drove your grandfather mad" she says with a giggle. I realize that this dress had to be only 20 years old...
All this to say, while "pretty," "attractive," and "beautiful" have always been compliments (I've never been a fan of cute - in a "you're so cute" way) - from a very young age - my aim was to be sexy. As a little girl, my favorite activities always included bright lipstick, make up, high heels, making over my friends ( including Ashley and Renny) into "sexy girls" and standing in front of the camera/video camera/mirror with my hands on my hips, puckered lips, and one eye brow up. I was the girl that ran to middle school and threw on lip stick (thanks Claire's) as soon as my mom drove off.  My uniform was always slightly matured - I made my own "uniform" rules :)

This behavior continued into high school - when I totally cut off all my hair in order to differentiate myself - I didn't want to be seen as "cute" or a little "pretty" girl. I wanted to deviate from the other "ninth grade girls" - be sexy. Now, let me be honest, this need to be sexy totally manifested in some ridiculously hilarious trends - I loved licking a lollipop in the club (YIKES), wearing all white in teen clubs (so my outfit would light up), dancing on the stage whenever possible (this transcended into college - wowzahhs), covering my body in body glitter (although no one was seeing anything), practicing my sexy look for hours in my mirror, an unreal addiction to leather and memorizing sexy moves from videos. 

All this to say, since joining the food industry - no make up, no jewelry, pastries galore, a make up, and random hours - I feel like that desire to be sexy disappeared. And when the desire fades - the sexy routines fade (shopping, working out, me time, what ever your sexy routine includes) - next is the confidence - after confidence is the sexiness...  
Because let's be clear - sexy has everything with a mix of confidence, routine, desire, and nature (all in order of importance). It's about a person that recognizes what nature has given them - whether it's freckles, an awesome laugh, long legs, a killer smile, voluptuous body, or great skin and then confidently playing that feature up - giving their victims just enough to pull them into their trap. All while seeming completely effortless.
WELL, GUESS WHAT. The desire is back, friends. The routines are back. The long looks in the mirror are back. How did they come back? Prayer, music and a little inspiration from another (equally sexy childhood favorite) Norma Jeane "Marilyn Monroe":
These quotes totally fueled my fashion, style, and characteristic inspiration: 
“Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.”  
“I don't mind being burdened with being glamorous and sexual. Beauty and femininity are ageless and can't be contrived, and glamour, although the manufacturers won't like this, cannot be manufactured. Not real glamour; it's based on femininity.”

“I don't mind living in a man's world, as long as I can be a woman in it.”  

Popular Posts