The Last Year of Your Life?

On Ashley's blog, she posed the question:

If you were notified by Heaven and told this is your final year on earth what are the things you would do this year?
My first thought: I would have children.  I would never want to leave my child(ren) without a mother, but there is nothing that I want to experience more than the joy of pregnancy and motherhood. I asked Mike and without hesitation he answered - children.

On a side note: The other day, I sat around and watched little puppies play during my lunch break. I got emotional....VERY UNLIKE ME...

Maybe, I won't be 50 having my first child (wink). 


About the picture - it originally jumped out to me, because my father is this dark and I was this light as a baby (with pitch black hair - I will find pictures and share). There were so many issues with this - for instance, he was constantly followed by security (and stopped on several occasions) and a little boy asked "mama, why is that black man carrying that white baby!" WAIT, what? Not little black Shelby....again, emotional....

Here is Ashley's original blog:

If 2012 Was The Last Year of Your Life…

Recently on Twitter I found the following question posed to various followers…
If you were notified by Heaven and told this is your final year on earth what are the things you would do this year?
For many, we would chose to aggressively pursue our life-long dreams (whatever they may be).  This would be simple(r) to do because failure would no longer be as big of a threat-we wouldn’t have to deal with the long-term consequences of any of our decisions. For me however, I’ve already pursued my life-long dream.  Since high school (or kindergarten if my mother’s telling it), my biggest life dream was to move to NYC and live my life.  While I haven’t completely taken advantage of everything NYC has to offer, I am more than satisfied with the progress that has been made.  If today was my last day I would ever have in this city, I would be okay with that.  So now that I’ve somewhat fulfilled my biggest life dream, what else is left?
So back to the question…
If you were notified by Heaven and told this is your final year on earth what are the things you would do this year?
The first thought that popped into my head was one word…
Marriage.

While I am currently clueless about which one person I am supposed to be spending my life with, I do have a Mr. Right Now…and honestly, wouldn’t it be great to enjoy married-life privileges with my Mr. Right Now?  Guilt-free living for a freaking year?  Sign me up!!!
  • I could divulge in sex, whenever and however I wanted as frequently as I wanted.
  • I could enjoy dual income! (this is only a perk if you’re broke and the other party is getting money…otherwise it would probably suck)
  • I could allow myself to be super vulnerable and semi-reckless if I wanted (because this would be my husband, not just some Man-Of-The-Week).
  • I could take long, overnight trips if I wanted.
  • I could get pregnant if I wanted.
So yeah, if 2012 was gonna be it for me, and I had confirmation of this from my Father up above, there is no doubt in my mind that I would be walking down somebody’s Christian aisle before Februrary 2012 had ended.
What about you?
If you were notified by Heaven and told this is your final year on earth what are the things you would do this year?

Popular Posts