Nana, I could Kill you!

So, I was experiencing mild exhaustion - due to my vigorous work schedule, along with workouts, and keeping personal matters tight - I know y'all feel me. Anyways, after waking up feeling like a sack of hay - I decided today was all about hibernation.

This meant running my morning errands - and then using my day off as a day of movies. I would have preferred a day of reading, but Amazon (a story for a different time)...

Anyways, I decided to have my second cuppa'jo while watching one of the best movies of all time - Chocolat. Which then motivated me to research the perfect  "icing" for pistachio religieuse - one of the new pastries we are working on at the job. I was looking for something that pairs well - flavor (vanilla vs. chocolate) and taste (sweet vs. sour) wise.

After finding, what I hope-to-be, the solution - I moved on to finishing the first episode of Downton Abbey. About a month ago, Nana recommended the show. She let me know that she finished the first series (season) in a day. I couldn't get through the first episode.

Or so I thought.

After finishing the first episode...I watched the second...then the third...

I'm addicted. I'm so happy that I've found a show that I love, BUT I'm also very annoyed. I should be in bed - 3:30 am comes before I know it. I could be reading (my books just got in). I should have cooked. Instead I found myself running  out the house for white rice and two shrimp egg rolls. I devoured my meal with a Greek salad and beer.  And now I am trying to find ways of being productive - like blogging while drinking my red bush tea...but instead I'm about to sign out...say my prayers and climb in bed and...watch more...

Popular Posts