Must Have

I love hearing about people's daily/weekly "must-haves" - the things that people do, watch, listen to in order to be their "best selves."  It's really fun to listen to the activities and rituals other people have in their lives.


For instance, I have a friend that every day before rushing to her corporate job has to: workout, take a vitamin C tablet, have a HUMONGOUS (healthy) breakfast, and at least two cups of tea. When she is feeling super good, she has some tea biscuits with her morning tea.

I also have a friend that has his favorite coffee spot. Every morning, before the train, he goes directly to his coffee spot, buys his coffee and his newspaper.

Then there is a close friend of mine that loves doing her work at bars. Once a week, she goes to the bar has a glass of wine or a beer and a cheeseburger and fries and plugs it out. It's her must-do.

One of my (favorite) roommates had a nightly routine of: Come home, have a snack, take a short walk outside, cook (an amazing and healthy) dinner, eat dinner, take a long hot shower, put on jamies, pull out tomorrow's outfit, make a little dessert (piece of chocolate, dip of ice cream, etc), do work in front of television with dessert...

My parents have had the same routine for years - morning workouts, devotionals, and evening meals (always together), dessert, and favorite movie/television show. My dad later reads while my mom is asleep.

I have several girlfriends that have to workout every evening right before cooking dinner. 
And a friend that has to have a twenty minute shower/bath every night, even if she took a shower in the morning or during the day.

For me, there aren't as many routines - as must haves:

Daily: Devotional, cup of coffee, at least 30 min. of me-time (writing, reading, art, baking, television show) and time with the hubby

Weekly (at least three times a week): workout and cook dinner

I don't know there is something fun that you learn about people from their must-haves...

Popular Posts