I liked who I was, but love who I'm becoming

I've been drinking extra coffee, enjoying takeout, stressing-about-absolutely-nothing,  sitting outside or around the house reading or watching ridiculously unknown and strange movies, doing whatever I feel...

I feel no guilt about spending too much, consuming too much, doing too little...

I've been emotionally unshakable... I mean compared to my average emotional range. Nothing seems to get me down for longer than an hour... if I'm moved at all.

I've been inspired by fashion, food, travel, love, and social justice

I'm on a high. And I don't want to get off.

It's just in our genes. 
The other day, I had an epiphany and literally jumped for joy - "I'm becoming my mother." So, this is a part of my genes - thank God! My mother is rarely sick, sad, or "not doing so well" - I can count on my hand the moments my mother has been in a "funk." Whereas, I can literally experience every emotion in the matter of minutes...

I always took my range of emotion as "it's just who I am," BUT in the last month I haven't been that person - I guess, I haven't been myself.

But after analyzing the situation... the excuse I'm becoming my mother just didn't work for me (I will never stop over-thinking everything)...I think I got to the nitty gritty of the situation.

  1. Prayer. Meditation. Devotion. Really taking time out to get myself mentally together. Ecclesiastes really spoke to me! "It's all meaningless" is my mantra. Stress - meaningless!!!
  2. Working out. I literally workout 4-6 days a week - I work out hard - forcing myself to hit an exercise high - endorphin high (almost daily). It works wonders
  3.  Work - I love my job. I also love my hours. Early hours. Leaving the house around 4:00 a.m. but getting home by 3:30 p.m. works for me. I feel like I am maximizing my days. I also have a mandatory lunch - sitting outside reading during the day - almost feels illegal. 
  4. Having a backyard. Sitting outside literally boosts my mood in 2.6 seconds. 
  5. Reading. Although I am off my goal - reading daily feels like a little piece of Heaven. 
  6. Family time - thinking about spending time with family soon - Easter trip. Summer trip. Summer family wedding. Planning family time - is super exciting and giving me something to look forward to. 
  7. Weather change!!! RIGHT! 
  8. Last but not least, dressing up. Every day, I've committed myself to not leaving the house looking like a hot mess. I am tired of getting myself into "hot mess" ruts. So, I have dedicated myself to not leaving the house, even if going to the gym, without looking nice. You know, a little blush, an outfit that matches, a little effort. Cause hey "If you look good, you feel good, if you feel good, you do good..." 


So, I guess when I think about it - I am turning into my mother. 
She reads the word every day,
 works out every day,
 enjoys flexible/morning heavy schedule, 
has a huge backyard, 
reads (magazines included) every day, 
enjoys family time, 
going through a weather change, 
and looks nice always...hehe! 

Too funny. Didn't see this until I wrote it :) 

Popular Posts