Today, my cousin saw this picture...

Her exact words, "cous this picture is you. It reminds me of you." 

My first thoughts...really a chocolate cupcake on a white plate!?!

So, I said "sure" and moved to the next juicy topic. 
 
 But today, I am having a great day, but...fee...how'do'you'say'it...slightly "off."

And as I move throughout my living room, I run into the picture again (it's a picture from my "thank you" cards) and take a moment to re-examine the photo.

A clean white plate surrounded by a black blank background. There are a few crumbs on the plate and a slightly ruffled cupcake holder - making the image not quite sloppy, but yet not perfect. It's a traditional - classic cup and plate. Nothing new, but not out of style. It's a simple picture - nothing frilly about it. No bright pink pop-ups.  It's neat and tidy, but touched...it's been tampered with. The whipped cream is not in a quenelle, but looks like it's been dropped in the hot cocoa. It's comforting, but not heavy - not too much...

I'll take it. 


Popular Posts