How do you balance the wanna do and the hafta do?

12 hours drive.

Work: every day spent in a cafe

Family time: Every other moment spent with family.

8 hours of sleep? Not in weeks...(which you guys know isn't good for me)

I haven't had "me time" in quite some time...

It's not just this week - it feels like it's been the last four weeks. I haven't had time to just think about nothingness. No time to just "me time..." - you know twiddle my thumbs. I'm start to feel disconnected...like a robot.

Reality is - I feel great. I feel blessed. I just miss my down time (and my hubby down time)... I haven't made chicken teryiki subs, homemade french fries, and a ice cold dessert and just watched football games/movies/favorite recorded shows...in forever... or ordered from our favorite spot and just ran our mouths...or sat around by myself watching girlie movies...

Here lately, everything I do is for a reason - 1. Keep a job 2. Keep my household running. 3. Stay healthy 4. Keep relationships in tact. I haven't just done something out of just wanting to do it...in a while.

Welcome to adulthood...I guess... funny thing is that I love being an adult - but moments like these...I yearn for being a younger adult - think early twenties. I yearn for being outside during the light hours instead of in four walls with artificial light.

This week (schedule wise) is going be crazy - three afterwork meetings, Saturday school, an event that I helped plan Saturday night ...and tons of papers to write and lesson plans. I'm gonna have to be creative about balance. But I must sneak in a  - "JUST BECAUSE... I want to..." activity...

Would love some ideas on how others balance the wannas and the haftas...email if it's personal, text if it's immediate, or comment if you don't mind sharing :)

Thanks!

Popular Posts