President BARACK WON!


Yesterday's status: "I couldn't go to a party this year, because I knew how tight it's supposed to be and didn't want to share my anxiety with others. But grabbed a drink out with the hubs (in order to celebrate in some way) after watching the polls though I just feel really really sad. Think I need to crawl up in bed..."

Seriously, I was super upset. I have no idea why I took this so hard. Like I took the early Romney lead really hard. 

Thoughts today - YES, JESUS! I am soooooo happy. I feel like it's a fresh new day - I feel so hopeful about Obama and my future...

WHY? 

Truth is I'm pretty conservative in some of my ways and thoughts...so I don't agree with all of Obama's stances and there are some ways in which I am very liberal and feel like he's not doing enough.... but I believe he inherited a mess and is trying his darnedist to clean it up. I also know that he's done (for the most part) what he says that he would do. A man that does what he says he's gonna do...

I trust Obama. I believe he cares about 100% of people (unlike the other candidate - really 47%)... and to be honest I'm tired of having politicians that only care about a percentage of Americans. I mean - there has been a lot of really messed up stuff (civil rights and liberties infractions) done in American's history - and because the president didn't care about a group of people the injustice/crime/murders continued...

I'll take a president that cares about 100% of the citizens. I know that a lot of my conservative friends say that Obama is the furthest candidate from what God (all religions) wanted...

But in Christianity - and in my faith practice - I look at the example that God put on this earth... Jesus. I want to follow Jesus's life - and what I know is that the overcoming principle of His life is that he cared for EVERY SINGLE person on this earth. He loved AND befriended the prostitutes, the evil, the poor, the needy, the sick and those that no one wanted to be seen with. If you read the Bible, you know that one reoccurring principal is helping the poor... I understand not wanting political programs that help the poor (if that's your view) - but saying you "aren't concerned about them"...NOT OKAY.

Mitt may be a great guy - we all make blunders and say things we don't mean...but Obama has proven over and over that he does care about those in need - therefore I will stand by my guy. And I am standing behind him with some amazing women that also support him - I LOVE MICHELLE. 
 

Popular Posts