Uniform Policy

You’ll see I wear only gray or blue suits,” [Obama] said. “I’m trying to pare down decisions. I don’t want to make decisions about what I’m eating or wearing. Because I have too many other decisions to make.” He mentioned research that shows the simple act of making decisions degrades one’s ability to make further decisions. It’s why shopping is so exhausting. “You need to focus your decision-making energy. You need to routinize yourself. You can’t be going through the day distracted by trivia.”

If you've read this blog for some time or you know me personally - you know that I am one for the uniform. I've read many times about the perks of sticking to your seasonal uniform - and I have enjoyed the perks myself. With this said, I'm now (my own) uniform enforcer - meaning that after I decide what the uniform is - I stick to it. I only buy items that go along with what I am wearing that season. Once, I have everything - I stop.

Now, I'm not like Obama - I haven't gotten to a place of complete black or navy - although I would love to eventually. My policy is simple items that I wear daily (to a place that I wore something outside of my uniform and the students asked me if I was going on a date with my husband). This fall's uniform policy is as follows:

Blazer
(pink, black, stripped blue, creme, navy, red, torquise)
Tee
(whatever shirt I feel like - sexy if it's date night)
Huge Scarf
(a collection from years back)
Skinny Jeans
(simple - colorful)
Riding Boots
(short and tall)
 
 







Popular Posts