Switch It Up

Ladies and gentlemen, whenever in a fashion rut - SWITCH THAT MESS UP!

Some may be asking: How? And with whose resources?

Answer is: With accessories, makeup...and less than $20. All you have to do is find a personality...yes, I said it...find a personality, person, piece of art or even music and make their style yours for a day. Try to choose a muse that DOESN'T HAVE a style similar to yours. So if you are a classic chic - think about your favorite boho babe.

Your muse doesn't have to be a celebrity - although it can...it can even be yourself at a different time. If there was a particularly "fly" period of your life -- CHANNEL that mess....

After you figure out who you are channeling...find accessories and lipstick/eyeshadow to play the part. I suggest a little drugstore for you makeup and a little cheap jewelery spot for your accessories.

Here are a few examples of my switching it up - I usually fall into boho mama but last night I needed a new look. Mike and I were hitting the town and I was so inspired by "Rude Boy" by Rihanna ... so I was like I need some BIG 80s style earrings, BIG necklace, red lips, and that actually leads me to one of my favorite tricks.....MATCH YOUR LIPS AND YOUR NAIL POLISH. It's a trick women used use in the 30s -50s...bring that mess back - such a classic look.

The top with the pattern on it is vintage from the 60s - thanks, grandma.


Lipgloss poppin', hoops on, big jewelry, white fitted top...think I'm ready Boo.

Popular Posts