Alicia said it best.

How many of us can truly feel this song! For real. Like I feel like Monica and Alicia are doing their things this season. I am so happy that the ladies of r&b are coming strong - nothing like some love songs that make you grab your pillow or your boo and say "this is how I feel." Y'all this feeling takes me back to them Lauryn Hill tracks...SWV...and shoot, Mary B. and old Monica...there are others...



But to be honest, as much as I would love to say that I think of my love of Mike while listening to this song (this is my 55th time back to back) - the woman that really comes to my mind is my mother. In my 26 years on this earth, I've never seen someone love someone (my father) with as much loyalty, unwavering dedication, and complete...strength. I don't know what I want to say, but those who know them get it. She is this woman that is so strong and steardy...and her love for my father has been that way - completely pure (no underlying motives), genuine, and unconditional. I truly believe my father, as amazing as my daddy is, would not be the man that he is or see half the success if it weren't for her. It's crazy how as people in a relationship, we have the power to tear down or build our life partners up. These days it's so rare to see true love that's literally based on respect, commitment, loyalty and a strong foundation...

God, I hope that my children will one day look back and say that they saw this quality, strength, loyalty and dedication in me to their father (and them). There is something about watching that while growing up, there are so many lessons in seeing loyalty, sacrifice, self-worth and a partnership that's unbreakable by outside pressure. Well...enough of my rambles. Hope you are all having a fantastic day.


(This sond is slightly extra but man...I still feel her)

Popular Posts