I Felt Very Uninspired.

This style.com picture is a perfect explanation of my fashion oblivion


So the only thing that I don't like about being a part of the culinary community - is the lack of style and fashion. You have to wear a clean white uniform! That's it. No questions. You wear a hat and cannot wear makeup, jewelry (other than a wedding band), and no nail polish. All this to say, I feel so "blah" - fashion is a major part of my life and I literally have no reasons to dress up day to day! I mean, guys I loved waking up in the morning (most days), having my cup of coffee, and searching through my closet at what outfit I was going to wear that day. Who was I that day? The serious worker wearing all black with a splash of red - just to keep them on their toes. Or was I the chic librarian with my glasses, bun, stripped navy/white shirt, a white pencil skirt, navy flats and a green summer scarf?


I mean, y'all know: I LOVE FASHION. I enjoy helping friends through fashion dilemmas. I love talking about my daily fashion choice and I enjoy witnessing the fashion choices of others.

All this to say,  not  being around fashion has thrown me into a deep stupor. I feel like I get to know people through their fashion choices (in addition to their personality). For me, people's consistent fashion choices are a peak into their souls, into their lives, into their minds, into their emotions, into their priorities, and into their day's schedule.

Here lately, I've been catching the train into DC and literally walking for miles and sitting in trendy cafes - just people watching. Although I find myself consuming magazines, I know within myself that I am personally inspired by witnessing living fashion - watching fashion and style be incorporated into one's every day life.

Yesterday, I NEEDED creative fashion motivation. I decided to take a drive and go to a really cool area of DC. So, as I drove I tried to find music that may act as a catalyst to my creative process - NOTHING...UNTIL I PUT ON THIS:



Y'all I literally thought of eight different outfits. This song did for my creative process, what wine does to a nice dinner. It literally opened all my senses. Each note, like each sip, was so complex and not only was it by itself amazing, but it literally brought out the richness of my creative process. This music is the perfect pair for creativity.

Enjoy.

Popular Posts