WHEW...


My mother, like her mother, was obsessed with a clean home, a well cooked meal, clean and tidy children,  a near flawless appearance (you mean you are going outside without any rouge on your cheeks? going to the gym without your hair done?) and everything in it's place.

That meant there were chores (clean room, folded clothes, cleaned dishes, etc.) and a bunch of girly routines I didn't want to do. I used to declare, "I can't wait until I am older and get to make my own decisions and do my own thing - life will be so much easier."

Now, although I love adult life - I am now constantly (subconsciously at times) trying to reinvent and create the lifestyle in which my mother created for me and boy, let me tell you... it's definitely harder on the adult side of the coin! I wish I could come home every day to a magically cleaned house and hot meal and my only duty is to clean the dishes, take a hot shower, and get in bed at a proper hour.

Popular Posts