Best Television Documentary EVER

I have self-proclaimed my love for Lisa Ling several times on this blog. So, there is no surprise that one of my, if not my, favorite television shows is Our America.

Now that I have a DVR, I am obsessed with taping them and taking a decaf/tea break and watching the shows. The last episode was about arranged marriages - a subject that I've found interesting (due to low-divorce rates) for some time. After reading Nectar in a Sieve, I had some idea about the beauty, the dedication, the work that goes into an arranged marriage - but this episode brought it all home.  The episode was incredibly riveting.

If you have a chance to see the a repeat episode or you can DVR it - do so! You will thank me later - the interviews were done with class, the episode was touching, and all-around the people (and their emotions) were relatable. It explored the pros and cons to this controversial way of life. BRAVO! BRAVO! Lisa does it again. She's is brilliant.

Popular Posts