The Fruit of The Spirit.

Galatians 5:22-23
New International Version (NIV)

 22 But the fruit of the Spirit is 
love, 
joy, 
peace, 
forbearance, 
kindness, 
goodness, 
faithfulness, 
23 gentleness and 
self-control. 
Against such things there is no law. 

At this current moment, I am absolutely filled with love...joy...peace..gentleness...faithfulness...and self control (no double servings of dinner)...but Lord...

Please (please) grant me patience. Not just patience with others - but also patience with myself while I am on this journey - life. I can't remember the last "patient" encounter that I've had. Possibly someone was patient with me - without me realizing it.

 My mom told me a story about an amazingly patient cashier (the WORST when you are in a rush - but the best when it's your turn). He literally smiled and spoke words of encouragement "it's okay - take your time" to an older woman that was counting change to pay for a five dollar purchase. She was a proud, but very embarrassed lady - however it was clear that the cashier's patience and kind words calmed the woman. The fact that he didn't stare at the long line forming behind the woman or make eye contact with the "what's the hold up" customers - was a sign of his patience. My mother was impressed.

 "Anywho," I can't remember the last time I witnessed patience at its best ...do you? 

Popular Posts