Simplicity

"That's been one of my mantras - focus and simplicity. Simple can be harder than complex: You have to work hard to get your thinking clean to make it simple. But it's worth it in the end because once you get there, you can move mountains."
- Steve Jobs

 
 
My life's goal is to live a simple life - full of love, joy, and creativity.

I know I write about simplicity a lot, but it is the most beautiful thing to me - in all it's complexity. I love it the crisp look of simplicity in fashion, interior design, and dishes (this includes drinks - wine, liquor, tea - water with a slice of cucumber, pineapple, lemon, or mint). I even love simplistic writing...

I think the thing that is most intriguing about simplicity to me is it's difficulty in achieving it. It's hard to achieve a look, taste, or a feel that's incredibly simple yet flawless. It's easy to cover up a mediocre meat with a tasty thick sauce or pile on potatoes - but create a meat that's flavor, tenderness, and natural juices speak for itself...magnificent. The dull taste of a tomatoe in the winter with massive salt, cheese, and dressing is nothing compared to the taste of a  summer tomatoe in all it's splendor eaten with a basil leaf, drizzle of olive oil, and a thin slice of mozzarella.


There are few fashion statements more eye catching then someone that can pull off a crisp white shirt (with a little girlie detail at the nape of one's neck), with well fitted bottoms (whether a pencil skirt, full skirt, skinny jeans, or wide leg pants).

For me seeing someone enjoy a beautiful day with a book and a cup of tea on a park bench rivals the life of a "mover and a shaker" running around looking for the next cool thing...

Auughhh...enough for now...have a beautifully peaceful day.

All my love,
SSS

Popular Posts