There's Nothing Like...

Grooming lil Zoe for girls' time :)
A girl's weekend (brunch every day, shopping, party, and a slumber party) in NYC to help remind me of my personal style (esp. fashion and food), what's important in life, and to keep life splendid.

So please excuse me - my writing will be extremely jumbled...as my girl Tasha calls it - I have major Boukie brain (aka pregnancy brain):

If I could give one piece of advice to my fellow "homebodies"... don't allow yourself to become isolated. Regardless of how nice that bed and couch sounds (while listening to your body) make sure that you are getting out. I think part of the reason that I get so blah during winter is of course the lack of NATURAL light, not enjoying nature, etc. - BUT (back on track) it's the isolation. The I just wanna go home and curl under the blanket and read a book.

I think that that was fine for the past seven years in NYC and the four years of college, BECAUSE I was forced to walk around and interact, because it's a part of life...but since moving...yes, only one exit outside of the city...but outside of the city - I have to make a huge effort. An effort in which I did not make this winter and therefore suffered with isolation. It got bad. Driving to work, from work, home...driving to work, from work, home...

Not okay - well, enough of my schpeel...just wanted to remind you and myself to get out this week - AT LEAST twice (not including the weekend) and enjoy life. Truly enjoy life.

Welp, enough from me.

xoxox,
SSS

Popular Posts