Am I just crazy?!?

Day 19: The rant continues

I feel myself and see the scale telling me that I am gaining weight (not just the three days, also over Christmas/New Years/days in between) and I just don't care. This lack of care is extremely refreshing and makes me feel like I am maturing and like I have more important things to worry about. I even think of different styles I can wear now that I am filling out (not that I've ever been super skinny).

I've always been a fan of people with curves, when people watching, reading magazines, or watching television, I've always been attracted to people that look like they can eat, laugh, drink and just have a great time. I love creamy/healthy skin (no matter the complexion) and someone with some chicken (my sister used to call anything thick/jiggly/fat on someone's body chicken) and fantastic style. Please keep in mind, I am referring to people that hold their bodies with confidence and style...

Someone that is plump, thick, curvy, normal size, whatever the words we use usually comes across as REAL, many times intelligent, confident and someone that can eat (which is criteria for my friendship). I am sure I feel this way because:



  1. I am a Midwestern girl and in the midwest most of us (post-college) have a little junk in our trunks.
  2. The whole unnaturally skinny thing just feels over-rated, over-saturated, over-done, and just not that fun... when someone looks unnaturally skinny they scream I must follow the trends of the world, I must be what everyone wants me to be, I must say "no" to that dessert...
  3. I am passionately in love with food and have been my entire life - so I like to see people that look like they like food and drinks too
  4. Being curvy and confident is almost exotic because so few people hold it and own it - now days when you see a curvy, confident, sylish woman - she's like breathtaking because it seems like women are shrinking and if they aren't shrinking they are sulking and apologizing to everyone about it.
  5. I am getting older and having curves represents womanhood to me - it represents babies, taking care of others, living life, stepping out of social physical norms...

So, I feel like I am happy to finally join in on this beautiful group of women - famous celebrities in this group include:

  • Alicia Keys (she's been getting skinny here lately)
  • Nia Long
  • Khloe Kardashian
  • America Ferrara
  • Jacque Reid
  • Tyra Banks
  • Lauren London (esp. as New New in ATL)
  • Merryl Streep
  • Kate Winslet
  • Serena Williams
  • Rachel Ray
  • Gina Neely
  • Rachel Roy

So, you are asking yourself - what is the dern issue that sounds great - people should be confident in themselves regardless of their size? And those women above are beautiful. Well, the issue is that I am:

  1. Picking up the weight in my stomach, which again doesn't bother me now but isn't helping my silhouette in clothes. Like I am not picking up weight in the rest of my body as fast as the weight in my stomach.
  2. I think I may be looking at other's like - yeah, I love the way she looks with curves instead of looking at myself and seeing if I like the way that I look (if that makes sense)
  3. I am afraid that my growing measurements are going to bother me during bathingsuit season...

THERE I SAID IT: I am afraid that my confidence in my expanding body is only temporary and there is nothing that I hate more than a D.I.E.T but I will go on one if I don't feel sexy in the summer!!! AUUUGHHH - has anyone ever been there? Any advice? Or am I just a crazy chick!

Popular Posts