NEW BLOG: Shelby's Menu

NEW BLOG: Shelby's Menu

I have a new blog - http://shelbystonesteelsmenu.blogspot.com/

This is what it is about:

"I am sick and tired of eating out!" These words have come out of my mouth for the last time! From February 9, 2010 - June 1, 2010...I am going to see if I can only eat out (breakfast, lunch, dinner, brunch) once a week (not including Mike's Saturday brunch tradition). Mike created a Saturday morning tradition that we have been following since marriage...so for 2.5 years - where we wake up, go on a walk, and eat brunch at some random or the same diner. So, when I talked to him about supporting me in this...because it's something I have been claiming for more than a year now - he finally said, "fine, but Saturday mornings with Mike are not included." I agreed... so that is the only meal not included.

You may be asking "why am I doing this?" Well, here is the thing, as I said earlier, I have been saying that I was going to do this for over a year now and here are the reasons:
  1. Saving money - Mike and I need to save money, esp. now (more details about that later).
  2. Health - I hate not knowing everything that is going in my stomach and in my body. I am tired of suffering from migraines, stomach aches, or even gaining weight and having no idea why.
  3. The Skill - I love cooking and eventually want to pursue it in some way (I have a business plan...lol) so I need to force myself to practice daily...or at least three to four times a week.
  4. The Challenge - At the end of the day...there is a challenge awaiting me and there is nothing that I love more...and it's a way to prove my determination to myself.

Why the blog (http://shelbystonesteelsmenu.blogspot.com/)? Simply

  1. I need people to keep me accountable...lol. I can't do this on my own
  2. I need recipes...so please share... preferably quick and one-pot
  3. I want to share recipes with others - food is a passion and what better way to share it!

So, let's GO! Each day, I will document my meals...focusing on dinner (sharing recipes when there are recipes and time) Keep me in your prayers and please send me support! Follow my journey, here: http://shelbystonesteelsmenu.blogspot.com/

Shelby S.

Popular Posts