VALENTINE'S DAY IS HERE!

WOOOHOOO! I am in love with Valentine's Day and have been all my life...

I love the idea of this one day of love, even when that love was my daddy, Ken Stone; however although my mom and dad still send me Valentine's presents...it's all about Big Mike Steel. Last year, Mike got incredibly annoyed by my ability to convince myself that this holiday was all about me and let me know that it is a celebration of love - not a celebration of Shelby. So anyone that knows me knows I try very hard never to make the same mistake twice. So it's early Sunday morning and I am getting my Sunday Valentine's day plan together...I told Mike that I had today.

So Far:
--Wine is purchased
--Candles are purchased
--I have booked our movie tickets - we are going to see a special screening of the 1930's movie "It Happened One Night."

For the movie lovers, here is a quick recap of the movie:
"In this quintessential pre-code romantic comedy, the first film to sweep all five major Oscars (Best Picture, Director, Screenplay, Actor, and Actress), spoiled rich girl Colbert runs away after being forced to marry pilot Jameson Thomas, but on the bus out of town she meets jobless newspaperman Gable who takes her on a cross-country romp."

My Game plan for my 5-course meal:

--Go to Whole Foods in Columbus Circle and purchase all quick ingredients. Menu will be displayed later today on Shelby's Menu (http://shelbystonesteelsmenu.blogspot.com/) my food-lovers/recipes blog.

Hopefully if you love Valentine's Day too but don't have a Valentine...you have asked another friend, grandmother, family member to have a little Valentine's Day celebration...a Valentine's doesn't have to be a romantic thing as much as a day to celebrate with someone you love - even if that someone is yourself :) Enjoy!

Popular Posts