Bachelor?


Hi Shelbs!

This is totally random, but I'm watching "The Bachelor" (I'm not usually a fan, but I'll watch it if it's on) and I kept having these thoughts about how crazy it is that 25+ women are vying for the affection of one man. I wanted to have this discussion with someone, or see what someone else thought and I wanted to ask you!

Just curious what your (and maybe your readers?) thoughts are on the whole concept. I know finding love is not an easy thing, but I know that if I were single, I would never want to be in direct competition with so many other women for a man. I wouldn't like the thought of a man I was interested in going on intimate dates (and sharing kisses with) with ONE other woman, let alone 10 or so others.

It makes me wonder - are there women out there who are that "desperate" to want to fight others in order to "win" a man's affection? I don't mean to sound judgmental, but it makes women seem so desperate, trying to win a prize. Then is it really about love, or about fame? Being on TV, being in the spotlight? I don't know... maybe I'm wrong, but that's just what I think. On a lighter note, it can be entertaining lol.

♥ ya~ Anon.


So, I am a major fan of "For the Love of Ray J," which Mike gets extremely frustrated with because each go around - I get extremely attached to the women. I HONESTLY thought that Cocktail and Ray J were a perfect match and Mike is always like "girl, will you calm down it is about fame." I know that for many of the women it is about fame, but I can't help but get caught up in the tears, the long and sad monologues about their love for Ray J, their jealous rages, and the sparks between the girls and "Ray" on their one-on-one dates.


My affinity for these shows genuinely shock me , because I'll never forget the premeire of "The Bachelor" - girl, I thought it was a hot mess, completely disguisting, ALL the women were just a bunch of gold diggers...but like most things in our society the more that the concept spread (you know women fighting for rich men and giving all kinds of heart-felt reasons for their actions) I began to dismiss my previous gut reaction. I began seeing it as "why not?" I mean, if you meet a man in the club, internet, or a party in New York (I can only speak for what I know) many times you are literally fighting for his attention. I mean, yes his "other" woman actions are not in your face but they are probably there.

But in all honesty, the truth is that it's not a great way to start a relationship - I mean Ray J continually asks the girls "do you trust me!" Why would they trust you, Ray, you are kissing girls all up in the mouth right in front of them - you are not fighting for the one you like...in fact, many of the times before these men make their decisions, the men have little tryst with both women making it really hard to determine who they in fact care for. Also, it's hard to determine who is there for you - but I guess these men have to constantly question that in reality...

I don't know, I guess I don't have any hard core reason why I think it's incredibly desperate but I do. I would never want to see the women closest to me - falling for some guy that is blatantly kisisng other women in front of them. There is just something wrong with these ladies saying, "I'm okay with being one of the many - I will scream, sex, lie, manipulate, and disrespect myself in any way to be with you - while you sit back, kiss other women and then critique the many reasons you don't want to be with me."

I am sure there are other people that can describe this much better than I just did - please help me out :)

Popular Posts