"Every man dies, not every man really lives."

"Every man dies, not every man really lives."
                  -Braveheart

I have really been LIVING and LOVING life! Each day my joy-o-meter is on the highest level. I've been running around going to art exhibits, shopping for my loves, writing thank you cards, hanging with friends, lovin' on Mike, talking to family, baking, writing, eating, and decorating. BUT can I be honest with you? My joy has been a decision this year. Yes, you heard me. I've DECIDED that I am going to love and live every day to its fullest. I am so incredibly blessed that I refuse to miss a moment this season - no pity parties or negative emotions are allowed to stay within my mind for longer than five seconds. And this is no small task for me, sometimes I enjoy a good ole' "down" day and at times I "get off" on the fact that I am an emotion roller coaster (it makes me feel human).

But for the last few weeks (and God willing the entire season), every time I think about the "lack" of finances, the random stomach issues and bumps or the fact that I burn something that I am baking daily (or spill something, mess up something, etc.) I literally shut out the feelings. I say THANK YOU, JESUS that I learned how to sow and got the opportunity to  sow new buttons on all my winter jackets. And when Mike has long days and nights studying and I start missing my girls/ family/ and hubby I say THANK YOU JESUS I get to enjoy DC by myself and do the things that I like to do.  And every time I see a little cute baby in his/her mother's arms, THANK YOU, JESUS that you are developing me and preparing me to be a mother (one day).  

All this said, I've discovered so many amazing things:
The fun in searching out free and fun events - Washingtonpost.com is the best!
The romance behind cooking dinner together, lighting a candle, and using the "entertaining" china
The craft behind being an at-home bartender and barista (who needs to pay $12 per drink).
The perfect conversations that come out of sitting on your deck, with the grill on (to keep warm) and a cup of tea
How sexy a man that does arts and crafts with seniors is... they love Mike
The joy of sitting IN McDonald's and having an appetizer (chicken nuggets), entree (burger and fries) and dessert (apple pie) - fine dining never tasted better.
Dressing up like art critics and going to art exhibits (on First Fridays they offer free wine and little treats)
The fun of spicing up the clothes that you already have. No need to buy new clothes, when you can add a little something new to an outfit to make it all original.

I hope you are  LIVING today. This Point of Grace song sums it all up :) Enjoy it!
;
Lyrics (just in case you can't see the video)

Verse 1:
Wake up to the sunlight
With your windows open
Don't hold in your anger or leave things unspoken
Wear your red dress
Use your good dishes
Make a big mess and make lots of wishes
Have what you want
But want what you have
And don't spend your life lookin' back

Chorus:
Turn up the music
Turn it up loud
Take a few chances
Let it all out
You won't regret it
Lookin' back from where you have been
Cuz it's not who you knew
And it's not what you did
It's how you live

Verse 2:
So go to the ballgames
And go to the ballet
And go see your folks more than just on the holidays
Kiss all your children
Dance with your wife
Tell your husband you love him every night
Don't run from the truth
'Cause you can't get away
Just face it and you'll be okay

Chorus:
Turn up the music
Turn it up loud
Take a few chances
Let it all out
You won't regret it
Lookin' back from where you have been
'Cause it's not who you knew
And it's not what you did
It's how you live

Bridge:
Oh wherever you are and wherever you've been
Now is the time to begin

Verse 3:
So give to the needy
And pray for the grieving
E'en when you don't think that you can
'Cause all that you do is bound to come back to you
So think of your fellow man
Make peace with God and make peace with yourself
'Cause in the end there's nobody else

Chorus
Turn up the music
Turn it up loud
Take a few chances
Let it all out
'Cause you won't regret it
Lookin' back from where you have been
'Cause it's not who you knew
And it's not what you did
It's how you live

'Cause it's not who you knew
And it's not what you did
It's how you live

Popular Posts